ENCOUNTER

Read every word, and no one gets hurt.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Calling for W

Low, gravelly voice: Hello?
Me: Hi, is this Harold?
Voice: No, this Lois.
Me: Oh, I see...

Let's try this again.

Dial.
Ring.
"Hello?"
"Hello, my name is Mindy, and I'm a volunteer calling on behalf of President Bush..."
"WHY DON'T YOU GET A REAL JOB?!"
"Well, actually-" Click.

Hm. That didn't go so well. Onto the next one.

"Hello, my name is Mindy and I'm calling on behalf of George W. Bush..."
"I'm already voting for him, what more do you want?"
"Oh, well that's wonderful. We're just calling to-"
"I've been supporting him all along. Come, on what more do you people want?"
"Nothing, sir! I'm just so happy that Bush will have your support-
"He's got the votes of my entire family, for Pete's sake! Good grief!"
Click.

Not sure what went wrong there, but something seemed to be rubbing him the wrong way. Let's do one more...

Ring, ring, ring.
"Hello?"
"Cecilia?"
"This is David."
Long pause.
"Why don't I just pretend this call never happened?" Click.



1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Katie Dugan said...

mindy! i didn't know you had a blog! i have one too...kind of...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home