ENCOUNTER

Read every word, and no one gets hurt.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Oh, the Pain!

Last night I played on my sister's co-ed softball team in her place, as she is having fun in the sun in Florida. Seeing as I hadn't picked up a glove, bat, or ball in over a year, I warned my brother-in-law that I might not exactly be an asset to the team. He countered with, "Mel, we're short two girls. Basically, we need a body."

Well, I have one of those. And boy do I feel it! They stuck me at catcher, where I could do the least possible damage to the team. We played a double header. That means there were two full hours of squatting down to catch the pitch and standing up to throw it. Squat, stand, squat, stand, squat, stand, on and on (and on) until I couldn't even guess the number of squats. All I know is it was WAY more than I would ever do in my right mind in any exercise class. Seriously.

This morning when I woke up, I could hardly walk. I can't wait until tomorrow. It's always worse the second day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home