ENCOUNTER

Read every word, and no one gets hurt.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Old News and a Vow

First the Old News, which all of you know by now. But it's related to the vow, so I have to include it. Here it is: I am leaving mid-August to spend the next school year (ten months or so) in northeast India. I will be teaching two missionary kids, 3rd and 6th grade, and seeing what else God has for me to do over there. The nearby Youth With A Mission's DTS program has a fine arts focus, so there likely will be opportunities to work with them in music and drama, which has potential to be very fun. But anyway, the point is I'm leaving.

Now for the Vow. In light of my upcoming departure, I am setting a goal. It is my intent to finish blogging about my Vietnam trip before I leave. Hey, stop rolling your eyes. You have no idea how much there is to say! Two and a half months will be barely squeezing it in. I'm calling it a vow, just to make it sound more official and important. Maybe then I'll actually do it. :)

I give you permission to get on my case if it looks like I'm going too slow!

6 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger david said...

Hmmm . . . it's been a month and a half since your last Vietnam update. At this rate, we'll only be seeing one more.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Chinatrek said...

I'm up at 3:16 in the morning, what I wouldn't give for some Vietnam coverage a year old...

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Chinatrek said...

Just sittin' in Hong Kong, looking for some goog reading material on a neighboring country...

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger david said...

So the question no becomes, "Has this blog been mothballed?"

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Chinatrek said...

Still sittin' in Hong Kong, looking for some good reading material on a neighboring country...

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Chinatrek said...

I'm up at 1:37 in the morning, jet-lagging from my recent trip in Siberia. What I wouldn't give for some Vietnam coverage SIX YEARS OLD!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home