ENCOUNTER

Read every word, and no one gets hurt.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Something New

Isaiah 42:9
See, the former things have taken place,
and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
I announce them to you.

Isaiah 43:18-19
Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.

I am hungry - not for what was, but for what will be. I want to know God today, not merely remember how I knew Him yesterday. I want to hear from the Lord about what He is doing now, not only about what He did before. He asks me to go forward, not to turn back.

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
-Philippians 3:13-14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home