ENCOUNTER

Read every word, and no one gets hurt.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

All the Colors of the Rainbow

On Sunday morning, while rushing around to get ready for church, I stubbed my toe. Not the big one. The middle toe. The one you'd get in trouble for waving out the car window when someone cuts you off in traffic. ("Did you see that? She gave me the toe!")

Anyway, it hurt. It hurt so bad I didn't cry. I just hit the ground face down, yelling "Ow!" But with no other recourse, I simply finished getting ready and hobbled off to church.

That afternoon, I removed my shoe and sock to find my toe had turned a curious shade of green. Really. By nightfall, it had lost the green and taken on a definitely preferable hue of violet. Monday morning, violet had deepened into a rich purple. And yesterday when I woke up, it was bright pink. It has now faded to a dull gray.

I wonder if my toe is tired of being a chameleon, or if this color show will continue indefinitely.

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger david said...

The vegas odds put Perrywinkle as your extremities next peculiar shade

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

For some reason, it took me like five minutes to figure out what that comment meant.

I must be getting old.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger david said...

Generally it's my poor sentance structure and bad spelling that make my sentances hard to understand. By the way, did your toe continue to change color?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home