ENCOUNTER

Read every word, and no one gets hurt.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Wrong Number

Today I was sitting at Davanni's with a friend when my cell phone rang. Looking at the caller ID, I saw that it was a Bloomington number and guessed it might be one of my piano students' parents.

"Hello?"

A man's voice was speaking on the other end of the line. "Put down that drink and answer the phone!"

I laughed in spite of myself.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, don't play innocent with me, Linda."

Awkward pause as I laughed silently. (When I laugh hard, I always laugh silently.)

"Uh... this is Linda, isn't it?"

By now I had control of my breath. "No, I think you have the wrong number."

There was a brief pause, and then the guy cracked up. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I thought I dialed my friend Linda's cell phone! Isn't this 612-701-5334?"

Still chuckling, I informed him he was just one digit off.

"So sorry about this. Have a great day."

"You too."

And I think we both went our merry ways a little bit more lighthearted.

3 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny Mind! ~Candi~

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

debt consolidation

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

home equity loans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home