ENCOUNTER

Read every word, and no one gets hurt.

Friday, April 01, 2005

A Promise

Look, people, I've had some other things on my mind lately, okay? But I want to reassure you that I will post again, and I will do it soon. I promise.

Hmm. That reminds me of an unspeakably horrible dramatic production I saw last night. Honestly - a friend asked how it was, and I literally answered "unbelievably bad." But anyway, in that scary-beyond-all-reason (for reasons of its poor quality) musical, the antagonist promises a little boy that if he brings his brother and sisters to her, he will be made a prince and will be able to eat turkish delight for the rest of his days! Later on, when she instead makes him her slave, she claims "witches don't have to keep their promises - they only have to make them!"

All that to say, I am not a witch. Really, when I promise I will post, I mean it. And not only do I mean it, I mean to do it. (Are you as confused as I am?) So once again I say it...

I will post again, and I will do it soon. I promise.

17 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to refer to this as a "pause" in the conversation. Of course it will pick up again, but for now the story is on hold.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger david said...

and the peasants rejoiced. yay.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that the play was horrible!!!! One thing that was greatly funny was those two beavers!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

"Narnia: Starring Aslan, the Large and Feminine King of Beasts!"

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger david said...

Mindy, I was reading my Bible today and a couple verses reminded me of you. II Peter 3:8-9.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

I would love to. Wanna email me your address? mindy_dahlen@hotmail.com

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger david said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger david said...

Since last you blogged . . .
I was robbed in the middle of the night
The baseball season started
Pope John Paul II passed away
I retired from blogging
496,800 children were born in the US alone
The Pitt/Aniston dynasty came crashing down
i unretired from blogging

all this to say, you should write, we want to read :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

I demand to know what the post, marked "This post has been removed by the author" actually said.... we are all aware that DAVE wrote something, but what was it? I WANT TO KNOW! GIMME! GIMME! GIMME!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger david said...

now what would i say, and then decide to keep secret?

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Oh, poor misunderstanding Dave... let me explain. Since you are not the AUTHOR of this site, you didn't erase what you wrote, but it was erased! Hmmm... how can I better explain this to you? How about a story:

A long time ago there were two pink and fuzzy kitty cats. The first one, named Mittens, took her brand new crayons and colored a picture. When she was done, she put it up on the fridge for her parents, Jorge and Mimi to see. Later that afternoon, Mitten's sister, Flittens, took the picture off the fridge and wrote her name on the bottom so it looked as if SHE had drawn it. Mittens, realizing that her work of art had been tainted, ERASED her kitten sister's name off of her work of art.

Now do you understand, Dave?

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Mindy said...

Actually, Jeremy, the "author" in this context refers to the author of the comment, not the author of the site. Dave did not use any profanity or say anything inappropriate that caused me to blush and remove his comment. Dave erased it himself. The question is... why?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger david said...

maybe it would have made you blush

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Your mom would have made you blush.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger david said...

OH HO HO!! Look who's deleting now.

 
At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

 

Post a Comment

<< Home